Imagine a resource that gives you a comprehensive after-care programme for your families and community, which is built
into your website, bringing people back to your site time and time again and keeping your firm top of mind in your community.
Dr. Bill Webster understands grief,
not just in theory, but from personal experience, losing his young wife in 1983. He has turned that
tragedy into an opportunity to assist and encourage grieving people. We are pleased to offer his
expertise, insights and helpful resources on this website. We trust they will bring some understanding
and encouragement to you on your own grief journey.
“There are no words to describe the overwhelming sense of pain
you feel when someone you care about dies.”
Resources for the Newly Bereaved
In the early days after a loss, when both disbelief and emotions threaten to overwhelm us, it is important to understand what is happening, and to validate the fact that you are not “losing your mind.” You are experiencing grief, which is a normal reaction to what is always an unwelcome event; but which at the same time is also one of life’s most difficult experiences. When you have digested these
resources, you will be ready to move on to the Grief Journey materials.
Resources for the Grief Journey
The Grief Journey section brings you information and resources on many aspects of the grief journey. We have articles on various topics: our “Virtual Grief Counselor” where Dr. Bill answers many of your questions about grief; our “Understanding Grief” video series; and our Dr. Bill original video series “From Mourning to Dawn” including a downloadable participants guide.
Dr. Bill Webster’s “The Grief Journey” includes:
- A section for the Newly Bereaved, another for those on the Grief Journey
- Video Programs on various topics
- Helping Someone who is Grieving
- The “Virtual Grief Counsellor” where Dr Bill answers questions on video asked by families who are in the grieving process
- I Didn't Plan For This - Moving on after death
- Understanding Grief
- Articles For Grieving People
- From Mourning To Dawn DVD
- An exclusive “Facebook” forum
“Each one of us has enormous potential to help a grieving
person. Helping takes more than good intentions, however.
We need to know what to do.”
What are the Advantages of using The Grief Journey Support System?
- It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- It is always changing with new and fresh material monthly.
- Grieving people like to watch, listen and interact, rather than just read materials like brochures or newsletters. Our programme gives people both.
- The program is your personal grief
- support center on your website.
- The Grief Center drives traffic back to your website after a funeral. This will ensure your firm stays relevant with your families and community.
- It offers suggestions for people planning a funeral service, including poems, readings and how to give a eulogy.
- It offers an ongoing, everchanging multi-media program of support materials for people grieving after a death; for those going through a life threatening situation; and for families, friends and professionals who want to know how to help and support.